Yearly Dues for Grace Note Singers:
$30.00 to cover costs of training, materials, website, etc. A sliding scale is available.
In addition, our chorus is a member of Threshold Choirs. All members of Grace Note Singers are individual members of Threshold with a suggested donation to Threshold of $20.00 annually.
Grace Note Singers
bedside singing at the end of life
For those interested in singing with us:
We rehearse as a full chorus on the second Monday of every month from 6:00 to 8:00 pm at the Providence Friends Meetinghouse on the East Side of Providence. In addition, there are optional small group rehearsals to learn new songs and spend time singing together. After attending three full rehearsals, members may sign up for bedside sings on an ongoing basis.
We have five committees that singers may join.
- BEDSIDE SING COMMITTEE - responsible for receiving and fulfilling bedside sing requests from GNS website or other individuals
- MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE - responsible for reviewing our membership process, developing orientation and training materials, and keeping members engaged.
- MUSIC COMMITTEE - responsible for developing repertoire, training song leaders, and planning both large group and informal rehearsals
- OUTREACH COMMITTEE - responsible for spreading the word about our services, fine-tuning process for bedside-singing requests
- STEERING COMMITTEE - responsible for overall governing and acts on all matters of relevance to the choir.